Jaya Grocer’s Mid-Autumn Festival Mooncake Giveaway Terms and Conditions
Organizer & Qualifications
- Jaya Grocer’s Mid-Autumn Festival Mooncake Giveaway [“Contest”] is organized by Jaya Grocer [“the Organizer”].
- This Contest is open to all Jaya Grocer customers [“the Participant”] living in Malaysia, who are 18 years of age and above with a valid Malaysian identification document.
- The Participant shall comply with the eligibility requirement above in order to be an “Eligible Participant”.
- Shareholders, directors, officers, employees of the Organizer and Prize Sponsor including their associated/affiliated companies and their immediate family members (spouse, children, parents, siblings) and/or representatives, employees and/or servants of any agencies of the Organizer and Prize Sponsor and immediate families are not eligible to participate.
Contest Period & Entry Criteria
- Jaya Grocer’s Mid-Autumn Festival Mooncake Giveaway [“Contest”] will begin from 0:00:00 am on 17th September 2020 to 23:59:59pm on 21st September 2020 (Malaysia Time) [“Contest Period”]. All entries received after the Contest Period will not be entertained. The Organizer reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to vary, postpone, re-schedule and/or extend the Contest Period and/or cancel/terminate the contest at any time without prior notice.
- Participant shall submit their entries according to the steps instructed. [“Contest Mechanism”].
Winner(s) will be announced on 23rd September 2020 on Jaya Grocer’s social media pages.
How to Participate:
- Each valid and complete entry must follow these steps (during submission):
- Participants shall follow Jaya Grocer on Instagram (@jayagrocer).
- Participants shall like Jaya Grocer on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/jayagrocer).
- Participants shall share the main contest post on their IG or FB story and mention @jayagrocer.
- Participants shall comment their favourite Marvel character and tag 3 of their friends in the comment section of the main contest post on either Instagram or Facebook.
- Each Participant is eligible for only ONE (1) entry.
- Incomplete, inaccurate, and/or incorrect details and/or answer will be disqualified.
- Late and invalid entries will not be eligible. No appeals will be entertained.
Contest Prizes & Redemption
Contest Prize(s) is as follows:
- Unless otherwise specified in the terms and conditions herein, no substitution or replacement of, or modification to the prizes requested by the Participant will be permitted.
- Prizes are not exchangeable and/or transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is unused is forfeited.
- The Organizer reserves the right to substitute or replace the prizes offered in this Contest with another item of similar value without prior notice.
- Prizes are subjected to the terms and conditions set by the supplier. To the extent permitted by law, the Organizer and its agents are not responsible for all liabilities arising from any deferment, cancellation, delay or changes to the prizes details or any unforeseen circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Organizer and for any act or default by any vendor or third-party supplier. For the avoidance of doubt, the Organizer is the sole party responsible for the prizes, organizing and implementation of the Contest. Any queries relating to the Contest should be made directly to the Organizer.
- The Organizer shall not be liable for any loses or damages which occur during the prize redemption process. Any other additional costs (for example: travel expenses) involved to redeem or to collect the Prize(s) shall be fully borne by the Winner.
- The Winner shall bear all charges/and any additional payments not limited to the cost of transportation, registration fees, road tax, insurance and any other chargeable taxes/fees.
- The Organizer reserves the right to postpone the date and place for prize redemption that has been determined to a later date in the event of any unforeseen circumstances.
- The images of the prizes displayed in any advertisement, publicity and other materials relating to this Contest are purely for illustration purposes and may not reflect the actual prizes.
- The Organizer shall not be liable for any transportation costs in connection with the redemption and/or delivery of the prizes. Any additional costs, duties, taxes and/or incidental expenses or charges imposed in respect of the collection of the prizes are solely borne by the Winner.
- The prize fulfilment will be subjected to the availability of these prizes. The Organizer will notify the winner from time to time.
- Prizes shall be claimed by the Winner(s) in person (unless specified) at any Jaya Grocer outlets of their choosing. Prizes not claimed within 30-days after being contacted may be withdrawn at the organizer’s discretion.
- Prizes are not exchangeable for cash. The Organizer shall be entitled to replace the prize with other prizes of the same value without prior notification at its sole and absolute discretion. The Organizer, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors and their representatives shall not be liable for any defects or misuse of the prizes, claims, liabilities, losses or damages in connection with this Contest.
- The Participant is required to provide a valid identification document during or prior to prize redemption for Participant / Winner verification process. Identification which is not readable, faded, or damaged will be deemed invalid and will be disqualified.
- All prizes have to be claimed in-person with valid identification. Valid identification refers to any form of government-approved identification documents such as MyKad, Identity Card, or Passport.
Prize(s) has to be collected in-person (cannot be shipped or delivered).
Selection Of Winners
- Winners will be chosen through random draws from a pool of total eligible entries which will be carried at a selected date and time after the end of the Contest Period by the Organizer. Selected Winners will be notified via private message on Instagram or Facebook. The Organizer reserves its right, at its absolute discretion to change, revise, delay, postpone the draw and notification date without any prior notice.
- If for any reason (e.g. no reply, telephone number provided not in service, no network connection and etc), the shortlisted winners cannot be reached after three (3) attempts, the prize will be forfeited. The organizer shall not be held liable in the event the winner cannot be contacted for whatever reasons. The Organizer shall have absolute discretion and reserves the right to select an alternate winner who will be subject to the same rules.
- Each participant shall only win ONE (1) Contest prizes throughout the Contest Period, irrespective of the number of entries collected by the Organizer.
- The winner(s) will be notified via phone and/or e-mail.
- The Organizer shall notify the winners no later than one (1) month from the end of the Contest Period and the Organizer shall announce and publish the names of the winners on their websites.
- All decisions made by the Organizer in relation to the Contest including but not limited to the shortlisting, selection of winners and forfeiture of the prizes is final and conclusive. No further correspondence, queries or appeals shall be entertained.
Rights of the Organizer
- By participating in this Contest, the Participant has given their consent to the Organizer to publish and use their names, and images submitted by the Participant/ winner for advertising, marketing, publicity and/or any other purpose, without any prior notice nor compensation to the Participant/ winner. The winner shall not be entitled to claim ownership or other forms of compensation on the materials.
- If for any reason this Contest is unable to proceed as planned for (and not limited) reasons such as computer virus, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, or any other reason beyond control; the Organizer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who disrupts the contest participation process and/or revokes, terminates, modifies, or suspends this Contest.
- The Organizer at its sole discretion may remove and/or disqualify any Participant and/or entries if found or suspected of cheating/hacking/ tampering with the Contest submission process, the operation of this Contest or in violation of any Terms and Conditions of the Contest.
- The Organizer reserves the right to amend the Contest Terms and Conditions at any time at its sole and absolute discretion without prior notice.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any terms contained in any promotional materials for this Contest, the terms contained at [PUBLISHED T&C LINK] shall prevail.
- By participating in the Contest, Participants have given their consent to the Organizer or any third party appointed by the Organizer to process the Participant's Personal Data for the purposes of this Contest.
- Unless stated otherwise, all transportation cost, internet charges, personal costs and/or any other costs, fees and/or any kind of expenses incurred by the Participant in connection with this Contest (whether for the purpose of joining, participating in or receiving any benefit or prizes from the Contest) are at the sole responsibility of the Participant/winner, and the Organizer, its affiliates or authorized agents or shall accepts no responsibility whatsoever for those costs/ charges/fees/expenses.
- The Organizer, its affiliates or authorized third parties shall accept no liability for entries lost, damaged, delayed, or due to computer, IT or any technical error.
Liability and Responsibility
- Participant and winner shall assume full liability and responsibility, in any case, will be fully liable and responsible for any liability, unexpected event, injury, damage, claim or accident (including death) caused by their participation in this Contest and/or redemption and/or use of the Contest Prizes and agree to release the Organizer and its agencies from any claim whatsoever for any injury, accident, loss of life nor loss of economy and others.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event the Organizer or any of its officer, employee, representative and/or agent (including, any third party agencies that deals with the Organizer for the purpose of this Contest) be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of income, profits or goodwill or indirect damages, incidental, consequential, exemplary, punitive or special damages of any party including third parties) howsoever arising whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise in connection with this Contest, although the Organizer has been advised of the possibility of such damages in advance, and all such damages are expressly excluded.
- By participating in this Contest, the Participant agrees to comply with all the decisions made by the Organizer and agrees unconditionally to the terms & conditions of this Contest and all decisions made by the Organizer.
- By participating in the Contest, Participants have given their consent to and authorize the Organizer to collect, store, use, process their names, and other particulars (“Personal Data”) for the purpose of running the Contest, including but not limited to announcing and publishing Personal Data and/or photos of the Participant the Organizer’s website for advertising and publicity purposes.
- By participating in the Contest, the Participant also gives their consent and authorize the Organizer to use and share the Participant’s personal data using with a third party service. All such third parties are contractually obliged, not to use the Participant's personal data in any other than way that stated herein.
- Under the laws of Malaysia, the rights of Participant includes.
- The rights to withdraw consent for the use of personal data at any time by contacting the Organizer at the contact details mentioned below by providing the Organizer with the Participant’s name and email address for the removal of the said personal data;
- The rights to obtain a copy of the personal data which the Organizer hold; and
- The rights to correct inaccurate personal data.
- Participant may refer to the Organizer's website at https://www.jayagrocer.com or call the Organizer's helpline line at 03-92121434 for any info pertaining to data protection or legal rights.
- The Organizer will take reasonable precautions to keep the Participant's personal data secure, and requires third-party processors to do the same. However, the Organizer may disclose the Participant's personal data if required by law, search warrant, subpoena or court order.
- Any matter to the Personal Data relating to this Contest shall be governed by and dealt with in the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and any relevant laws in Malaysia.